• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help: Looking for bushings for aftermarket track bar, 1 7/16" wide "loop"

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member

If anybody recognizes who made this track bar, or can point me in the direction of bushings with actual dimensions listed I would appreciate it.

From what I can gather the factory and standard replacement track bars have a loop with a 1 1/2" ID and a 1 3/16" width. I have the 1 1/2" ID, but a 1 7/16" width. This means a standard replacement bushing would have too much material at the flange and too little material inside the loop.

Here are some pics of the track bar in question:

The whole thing:

AftermarketTrackBar1OPT.jpg

The side with the worst wear:

AftermarketTrackBar3OPT.jpg

The side with less wear:

AftermarketTrackBar4OPT.jpg

The other end, just for reference (3/4"-16 LH thread):

AftermarketTrackBar2OPT.jpg

What I was hoping to run, but measurements don't add up:

https://kevinsoffroad.com/product/h...well-durometer-75d-bushings-for-track-bars-2/

What I can find listed elsewhere and expect will be the wrong dimensions:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspensi...it.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=20&t_pt=4124&t_pn=R/ERE1685

Re: Help: Looking for bushings for aftermarket track bar, 1 7/16" wide "loop"

I got some kind of moog oe replacement on amazon. Just shaved down the sides to fit stock mount

That looks like a Rubicon Express 1600 track bar. RE has a replacement bushing/sleeve, and a replacement bushing with an oversized sleeve.

The RE1600 will accept a stock XJ Cherokee/TJ Wrangler track bar bushing ( MOOG Part # K3147 ) on the axle end. It is a tight fit, you might want to have a shop press in the new bushing for you. The MOOG # K3176 is a poly replacement for the stock XJ rubber bushing, and should also fit an RE1600.

Last edited:

Awesome.

Thank you.

That looks like a Rubicon Express 1600 track bar. RE has a replacement bushing/sleeve, and a replacement bushing with an oversized sleeve.

The RE1600 will accept a stock XJ Cherokee/TJ Wrangler track bar bushing ( MOOG Part # K3147 ) on the axle end. It is a tight fit, you might want to have a shop press in the new bushing for you. The MOOG # K3176 is a poly replacement for the stock XJ rubber bushing, and should also fit an RE1600.

Agree, I ran one and that looks identical

Heat the end and freeze the bushing, should make it easier to press.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FYI I run the same trackbar. Re also has rubber and poly bushings for that joint. Also the make the sleeve to fit the factory bolt and an upsized sleeve for a 1/2" bolt. That is what i use. I rebuild my axle side mount with the factory replacement 1/4" bracket from rustys and drilled out the mount holes to 1/2". Very beefy.

You can also get replacement upper heim joints from ruffstuff.

Back