• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 dash wiring questions help?

Dragonlich1961

NAXJA Forum User
I have a couple questions reguarding the under dash harness ford in 94 era xj.

how many diffrent dash harnesses were used.
are functions like power windows locks and mirrors all ready wired except for the jumper sections needed.
are the wires for cruise(gm style on lever) there as well, and can anyone tell me where the conector is located.

Been trying to add cruise to mine and can't seam to find the under dash conection. i found the underhood conection my the pdc. Everything i have found says the wiring is there yet i can't seam to find it. almost everything i have found about the interior wiring refers to the 97+ stuff with clocksprings.

94 4.0 auto 2door

Check view "X" is this what you are looking for?

XJ_94_Dash_Wiring.png

Last edited:
ill poke my head under later this week and see, i think ill know the conecter when i see it, it is completely diffrent than any other.
rather anoying knowing that it should be a simple plug in afair, and turns out it's not. allready know that the wiring in the drivers rear quarter does not match any oem spec i've found. had to make a jumper harness to allow me to plug in an oem sound bar.

i've found an open 4 pin conector in that location that matches the picture, but does not match the turn signal stalk. perhaps i am missing a jumper harness like everything else. can anybody confirm the need of a jumper harness?

there is no splices. it should be a 4 pin connector with yellow/red, dark blue/white, brown/red, white/light green wires going to it. it should be a funny looking connector as the gm stalk wiring has a blade that inserts into the connector.

Edit. the 94 does not have an airbag.

Last edited:
I think the 94 does not have a air bag, pretty sure that the year steering column I got for our 92. Got it with everything attached including the steering wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found the connection. Whos brilliant idea was it to put the cruise control connection which comes from the steering column, over by the damned abs computer.
Wire colors help tremendously. Thank you all.

No idea. Some dumb ass(me) put an extra OEM fuse box where the servo needs to go. Should work since I pulled a working servo off a friend's 96 before it headed to the scrapyard. I'll semi check once I get my hands on that servo. Plan is move the extra fuse box to the other side of the original box and relocate the radiator overflow. The simplest of things seam to never go that way.
Fuse box contains fog and headlight relays. Can not remove.

Back