• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Long Arm Kit & Frame Stiffeners

clydefrog

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know if there is a compatible frame stiffener kit that will work with an off the shelf long arm kit? I am currently running the Rough Country kit and want to stiffen the frame. I am sure people have done it, maybe just looking for some tips. Thanks.

I have the RC long arms, and HD offroad stiffeners. The crossmember will bolt right up, but two of the holes on the tie in bracket(piece that curves around the frame) wont line up, they will need to be elongated.

From my experience only Clayton lines right up cause there's gets welded to bottom of subframe everyone else will need modifications as to the way the bolt through the subframe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do one of two things. Either get a three piece style cross member so you can weld the arm mounts up and then notch out the stiffiners or, you can weld nuts to the back side of the stiffies that you can thread your bolt on crossmember to.

Back