• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm.

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
I read very often that it's better to build your long arm for better geometry. I don't have the means to weld but I am considering Clayton's 4.5 LA . If building is better who has measurements of ideal lift to arm length?
The rear is staying leafed and 35s are max.

Well if I bought Clayton it's a radius arm set up but if it was built a proper 4 link like full traction or bds could be made. Around the crossmember still seems a good mounting point and should still keep the arms fairly flat.

Most kits and diy stuff revolves around the crossmember, when I made mine I tried to get them as high and closer together as possible. I believe they came out about 32 1/2".

Don't quote me but if I remember, if you're doing a 3/4 link set up, a good general area to shoot for is like 5.5" of separation between the lower and upper at frame side and 8" of separation at axle side.

Most kits and diy stuff revolves around the crossmember, when I made mine I tried to get them as high and closer together as possible. I believe they came out about 32 1/2".
If you went high for clearance I'm guessing, how did arms sit °wise to the ground? Are they fairly level Or parallel?

If you went high for clearance I'm guessing, how did arms sit °wise to the ground? Are they fairly level Or parallel?

Mine are radius arms with 5.5" of lift and 12* down!

Back