• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Comanche interior update

Dill30705

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on installing the interior out a 2000 xj into my 1992 MJ. I'm wondering if anyone might know if the wiring harness might be the same. I know most people swap motor harness and dash from an xj but I already have the HO motor because my MJ is a 1992. The fact the I know my gauges are all electronic unlike older MJ that most people do this swap on just makes me even more confused at to if the harness might be the same other than doors obviously.

The fuel gauge definitely operates on a different range.

Geoff can chime in here and look smart for yet a third time. (He has a chart/list that lays it all out nice and simple.)

I did it to my old 89. Swapped a 99 to it. The best way to do it is to swap everything. Most of the work is getting the dash in with the firewall modifications. Dropping in a newer motor and harness is the easiest part. Getting the gas tank worked out can be a challenge but not impossible.

Back