• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Xj another throttle issue rough running ..need help

Pacoxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi.. i have been reading few topics about this issue and done few thing about it..like sparks plugs,wires, map, tps,clean the IAC, i heard about the ecu learning ..no idea how to do it...Need Help
some times does not do it..work fine for a day or so..when start choking at low rpm i floor it down and shift and start doing it again

1998 xj 2.5, 5-speed Manual, 2Wheel Drive no tranfer case, 3"lift no diagnostic testing

here is a video running
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQyOju-RfTU&feature=youtu.be

also i need to change oxigen sensor..Thanks

Last edited:
What issue ? Described fully in detail ?

Any even mildly technical question requires a full description of your Jeep: year, engine, transmission, transfer case, axle type, and any modifications. The XJ Cherokee was built with 3 totally different types of engine management systems and even simple answers to basic questions can vary based upon the details.

Fix any known malfunctions such as the O2 sensors. Is the Check Engine Light ON ? What diagnostic testing have you performed ? Did you install crappy Chinese "Lifetime Warranty" parts ?

A bit of advice, only buy genuine Jeep sensors, only use Champion Copper spark plugs, and only use NTK O2 sensors.

Last edited:
sorry i am new to this...1998 xj SE 2 door , 2.5L I4 TBI fuel injected AX5 - 5 speed, 2Wheel Drive Chrysler 8.25 - 29 spline Gearing 4.10 no tranfer case, 3"lift no diagnostic testing
ngk sparks planning ngk o2 sensors

Last edited:
Problem solve ,did diagnostic came up with p0171,p0135,p0138,p0463,p0133 all O2 sensor related,,,replace and all good ,,,thanks

The OBD-II trouble codes will usually narrow down the diagnostics, and you can always search on NAJXA for threads related to the codes.

Good to hear it was a simple fix.

Back