• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar mount....

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
.....frame side. I need to replace the existing one with a unit that fit the OEM location and accommodates a 1.6 inch bushing.

The axle is pushed forward with using 16.375 inch lower control arms and adjustable upper control arms. Because of this, the spring make contact with the hump on the track bar mount. The mount was modified by Kevinsoffroad.com and the track bar also came from him.

1.6 is an oddball size for a bushing that is normally only used at the axle end. I don't think you'll find anyone making a frame side bracket in that size. Our bracket is 2.625 to fit basically any standard joint. You could just put in a spacer to take up the extra space, or change to a more normal joint.

http://www.stinkyfab.com/axle-parts/suspension-links/sfr-heavy-duty-xj-mj-zj-track-bar-bracket.html

Thanks for replying. At present the axle is offset to the driver's side to avoid spring to bracket contact. That is not ideal.

The track bar is often referred to as a JKS track bar. Both the axle and the body bracket uses the same bushings.

The unit in the picture, What are the upper holes used for?
It appears the bracket is offset forward. Is it far enough forward that I have to be careful so it would not contact the diff?

Spacers, Are spacers available at your place of the correct thickness and hole for a 1/2 inch (14 mm) bolt?

JKS is a brand name, they make a lot of parts.

The upper hole in our bracket is for attaching a cross brace to strengthen the frame. It's not a part that is available off the shelf yet, but we put the holes there for future development or for people to build something custom.

1/2 and 14mm are not the same size. 14mm is a hair under 9/16 (close enough to interchange) which is what our mount uses, however since 1.6 is an odd size bushing it's not something we make spacers for. Wouldn't be hard to make something though.

Back