• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are these 2 wires?

simspace

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what these two wires are and where they go?

I am reinstalling my dash. Apparently I did not label these two wires, though they are attached to the fog light switch connector which I did label.

I'm working on a 1991 XJ (Laredo)

Thank you!
Chris

28948445403_866024d898_h.jpg

28948444933_6c1e692a61_h.jpg

They're not stock.... Amc/jeep/chrysler may have used duct tape, but not scotchlocks....

Awesome. I didn't think of that. Thank you!

I can't find where they connect to. They may not have been connected to anything.

For now I will isolate each spade terminal with some heat-shrink tubing to prevent any shorts.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
The previous owner may have added an additional set of lights to the switch.

I wouldnt be so quick to call it "clever", depending on if they used a relay or not...

True. I've seen so many with bad wiring jobs it sort of nice to see the oem look, looking again at the way it's connected it may be good to check the other end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies! I did finally figure it out. There are no fog lights mounted. But there was a single, small spot light mounted on the driver side roof rack that I ripped off when I got the Jeep home. The tan and black wire came up out of the cowl and ran across the windshield to the light. I forgot I ripped that light off a year ago. I remembered after looking through some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back