• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally made it to the dyno.

4.0 boared 60 over with the 258 crank and a cam. Bartered with the guy who owns the dyno to port/polish/ work voodoo magic on the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALL the specs.

Tires, gears, trans, year, exhaust, header, intake, throttle body, what cam (lift and duration at least).

People need to know! :D

Stock tires and rims. Stock 3.55 gears. Aw4. 2000 with an aftermarket 3 inch header and cat delete exauest with thrush muffler. Horse shoe intake. Stuck the TB in a lathe and made it a true 60mm( there advertised as 60 stock but at the flange to the manifold it's 57) I'll post a pic of the cam spec sheet

41cba5a34b9b1ae35a3c841a6dfc8b9e.jpg

I didn't get a brand. Just a friend/ customer of my dads machine shop. Elevation is about 535ft. I'll post pics of the best run in a bit

Last edited:
On a good day maybe. James dyno'd a bunch of XJ's and TJ's at closer to 90 to the wheels when he was building the Banks 4.0 turbo kit.

Cool man--mine has similar power. My +.030" over stroker with head I p&p'd and with 2.25" Borla exhaust put down 193whp&235lb-ft(very lean). I've since switched out the restrictive k&n fipk and bored 62mm tb with a 3.5" cone and 68mm WJ tb. The 3" header is on standby. https://youtu.be/sCuWHpnmoFU

Last edited:
Depends. We need the full printout. And dyno make. Dyno numbers vary like crazy.

Totally agree.

My 2007 Cobalt SS dynoed at two places first one was 248 wheel and second was 194 wheel.
Went back to the 194 shop after dropping the pully and injectors we dynoed at 238 wheel.

No two dyno's and shops are the same!

All bolt ons and Ryan Hogan tune.

I believe a Mustang Dyno, been told to take around 5-10% off for that type of dyno?

https://youtu.be/5gVgjdEr4fo

-99 XJ, Stock, 4x4, AW4 Auto, 4 Door, D-30, D-35, 62mm Bored TB,
2 1\2 Exhaust all the way back, Performance Curve Cat, DynoMax SuperTurbo Muffler, K & N Intake, 917 Injectors, Fresh Build on the Engine, Bored .030 over, Flyin Ryan Tuned

That k&n intake is a restriction--I forget the internal diameter at the tb, but recall it being less than 60mm. I sold mine.

Back