• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

downstream o2 sensor wires shredded

nickh5817

NAXJA Forum User
driveshaft got hungry and ate my o2 sensor wires so i bought a bosch sensor and i need to know which wires on jeep go to what wires on the new sensor the new sensor has 2 white wires, 1 grey and 1 black and on the jeep i have dark green with orange stripe, black with white stripe, tan with white stripe and black with blue stripe.
if anybody has any info on which goes where that would be gr8. oh and my xj is a 1996 4.0

People were telling me to go to a junkyard and clip a connector off a 96 and hard wire, then buy a sensor that has a connector but i cant go in the junkyard because i'm still 17, and because I already bought the Bosch

What!? Oh it's a you pull it yard.
First real job I had was at a junk yard and I was still a teen.
If it's a regular yard and the have a 96 XJ get them to price the part to you if they won't let you walk out there. The counter man wants to make a sale or at the very least the owner wouldn't be opposed to some cash in his pocket for a off the book sale.

Do a search on eBay I see someone has some sensors and wring to go with them. Not sure if they will match up but it a place to check.

Honestly a getting it off the same year at junk yard would probably be easier. But if your area is like it is around me most of the older XJ are already crushed.

Btw I'd put a new sensor in anyway, not sure if Bosch is recommended for the 4.0 it may be. You also can just return the new one is you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back