• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which 33x10.50r15 All-Terrain?

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running the 32x11.5x15 MTR Kevlars. They are obviously great tires off-road, but do run a bit stiff on road. I am looking to replace these tires with a 33x10.50x15 all-terrain tire. There aren't many choices out there but I'd like to get some real world input before I pull the trigger. I have 4.56 gears and will be mainly daily driving and light dirt road/trail use(no rocks). I am looking at skinnier tires for a slight bump in MPG and the (slight) weight savings vs 33x12.50. I'm not familiar with any metric sized tires around that size, but they are definitely on the table.

Tires in that size that come to mind: Ko2, Grabbers, Dick Cepek extreme country(on my dads truck-look pretty decent), KM2( I know, mud), toyo MT's..

I am looking to spend around $600-700 on all four (I get a slight hook up as well)

BFG All Terrain KO if you can still find them. I have read the KO2s are wearing out really fast for people.

I bought 5 of the 33"x10.5" years ago and ragged them pretty good on trails and rocks. Lots of gashes in the sidewall but never any failures. I can't remember how many miles I put on them but it must have been at least 40,000 miles. Just recently sold all five with great tread for a good return on investment. I don't think you will find a better all around tire.

10/10 would buy again.

I put BFG KO's on my XJ a couple years ago. At the time only BFG and IIRC Toyo made AT tires in the 33x10.5x15 size. I have known a few people that have run toyos and liked them. BFG makes a good tire too, although there are those that will tell you otherwise.

Back