• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordered Some Springs and parts... What else?

99StockerAZ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I have a budget boosted (shackles and pucks) 99 XJ. I ordered new Dorman OEM HD leaf packs and Moog CC782 coils. I am going to get some take-off JK shocks and I ordered a 1" t-case drop. What else am I going to need, as I anticipate this is going to be a net lift of 3" over stock at least until the springs settle a bit.

I think I may need to extend the brake lines and maybe bump stops?

Thanks in advance...

- Ingo

** This is a crosspost from the Arizona chapter board but I don't know if anyone is still alive down there.

You can probably get away with relocating the front lines but I would buy a new rear line. Probably will be able to drill a new hole and relocate your tracbar (I'm assuming budget is being kept in mind). As far as bumpstoping goes, what size tires? Trimming?

Hey guys. I have a budget boosted (shackles and pucks) 99 XJ. I ordered new Dorman OEM HD leaf packs and Moog CC782 coils. I am going to get some take-off JK shocks and I ordered a 1" t-case drop. What else am I going to need, as I anticipate this is going to be a net lift of 3" over stock at least until the springs settle a bit.

I think I may need to extend the brake lines and maybe bump stops?

Thanks in advance...

- Ingo

** This is a crosspost from the Arizona chapter board but I don't know if anyone is still alive down there.

I did close to the same thing last year.

Moog CC782 in the front and Crown 4886186AA leafs + JKS 1" shackles in the back.

Didn't drop the transfer case since there were no vibration issues.

Installed YJ brake lines from NAPA, and new bumpstops while I was at it (sorry, don't have the part #s for them).

Running on 31x10.5-15 w/ stock aluminum rims but w/ 1.5" spacers to stop the tires from rubbing on the LCAs, wheelwells are trimmed for clearance.

Hope this helps.

Even with a t-case drop, you'll possibly get driveline vibes. I'd be prepared to do an SYE and CV driveshaft in a hurry if you have to.

When you get a t-case drop, be sure its flat and complete, and not little pucks.

Like this:
129_1107_19%2Bjeep_budget_build%2Btransfer_case_drop_mount

and not like this:
tcase4.jpg

If you come down hard on the crossmember, the puck type can punch right through the frame. ;)

Even with a t-case drop, you'll possibly get driveline vibes. I'd be prepared to do an SYE and CV driveshaft in a hurry if you have to.

When you get a t-case drop, be sure its flat and complete, and not little pucks.

Like this:
129_1107_19%2Bjeep_budget_build%2Btransfer_case_drop_mount

and not like this:
tcase4.jpg

If you come down hard on the crossmember, the puck type can punch right through the frame. ;)

Thanks for the adVice on the t-case drop. I was going to order the puck style.

It would be easy to do a hack&tap on my set-up and run a front drive-shaft but I just don't have time. I have a deer hunt end of Oct where I'm going to be driving deep in the high-desert so I need new tires and to fix my nearly buckled leaf springs. I've been running around on a budget-boost for 4 years with mild vibes at 30mph.

I'm running Hankook MT 30x9.50, btw.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The other option is to get a 91-95 t-case and swap in there with the ealier yoke and driveshaft, which is a lot less prone to vibrations.

The other option is to get a 91-95 t-case and swap in there with the ealier yoke and driveshaft, which is a lot less prone to vibrations.

I don't know why I would do that. My t-case and rear axle (ca. 99' np231+8.25") are the easiest to sye (especially h&t).

That's what I'm doing next. I just don't have time to track everything down before my hunt in Oct.

Does anyone know if running those Dorman HD springs with 1.5" lift shackles will wear them out real fast? They're supposedly tougher than factory leafs but with the extra leverage from the shackle are they going to wear out quick?

There's no extra leverage from the shackle. You're putting the same weight into the same place on the leaf.

Takes 10 minutes to order an SYE and driveshaft. Takes an afternoon to install them. Plenty of time to do it..

There's no extra leverage from the shackle. You're putting the same weight into the same place on the leaf.

Takes 10 minutes to order an SYE and driveshaft. Takes an afternoon to install them. Plenty of time to do it..
Can't right now. I'm out $1000 for tires, springs, shocks, and misc parts right now and honestly I could afford to do it but i still might buy a new scope, binoculars, and I'll be burning a bunch of ammo getting ready for this hunt. I think I can live without the SYE until after Christmas.

Hopefully I'll be bringing a stinky mule deer back from the wilderness.

Can't right now. I'm out $1000 for tires, springs, shocks, and misc parts right now and honestly I could afford to do it but i still might buy a new scope, binoculars, and I'll be burning a bunch of ammo getting ready for this hunt. I think I can live without the SYE until after Christmas.

Hopefully I'll be bringing a stinky mule deer back from the wilderness.

Well that might depend on vibes...I've had them before and they can be pretty bad. Hope it will be fine.

For some reason there's always a lot of resistance to a SYE...IMO it should be factored into the cost of lifting a XJ.

Back