• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering angles

I'm thinking I might need a drop pitman arm to get the angles closer. Am I correct?

Also, I'm having trouble finding a good drop pitman that isn't only .75" drop

Wondering if you could share the lift height and lift kit parts/suspension modifications installed ? The XJ doesn't need a drop pitman arm until you have 6 - 8 inches of lift.

Last edited:
It looks like you a drop trackbar bracket!

When I compare it to what mine looks like, your tie-rod angle looks alot more extreme than mine. Mine is much more flat. I only have 4.5" of lift though, so that might be part of it.

you certainly have no need of a drop pitman arm.

you are probably over-extending your steering though and should be looking at aftermarket steering setups.

Ok, so according to my best measurements the front height is 5.5" over stock.
Springs are 4.5" Rubicon Express, Bilstein 5100s for 6.5" lift, RE quick disconnects, RE sway bar relocation, rusty's offroad track bar and mount, stock drag link with ZJ tie rod end. I forget the control arms but I have the castor set up so there is no angle on the driveshaft. There is definately less castor.

Wondering if you could share the lift height and lift kit parts/suspension modifications installed ? The XJ doesn't need a drop pitman arm until you have 6 - 8 inches of lift.

wandering is an effect of worn out parts and not geometry

where in CA are you?

wandering is an effect of worn out parts and not geometry

where in CA are you?

Ahhh. Well there is a good bit of slop in the steering box.

I actually live in Phoenix now :-(
I haven't updated my profile because I don't like living here.

i can't blame you.

thats also too far away to say 'bring it by and we'll check it out with you'. ;)

What are your lift specs?

Do you have the $$ to go aftermarket with the steering? At this point it might be necessary between the worn out parts and bad angles. Personally I wouldnt put $$ into the stock steering but instead use it as an opportunity to upgrade if you have the means.

Drop Pitman Arms are garbage.

you'd be much better off with WJ steering at that height.

Back