• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Experiences with Ironman Offroad Springs and Shocks

fetishfrog

NAXJA Forum User
1997 XJ Sport 4.0 Bone Stock.

Hello all

I am curious about Ironman shocks and springs (http://ironman4x4america.com/) and wanted to know if anyone had feedback regarding these. A search turned up little.

They appeal to me as they only provide (supposedly) 1.75" of lift. I don't want to go too high, and was close to pulling the trigger on Crown HD springs for the +1" Up Country lift, but came across these.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For the price of their shocks think you're better off with Bilstein 5100's. Coil wise never heard of them. What exactly are you wanting the coils to do? Just give you lift or....?

Just a touch of lift to make getting down the dirt roads to hiking trail heads a bit easier.

My Jeep is 99% daily driver. An inch or so of lift is all I'll ever want. I was close to pulling the trigger on Crown HD springs until I saw these. I figured an extra 3/4" would be fine if they were of exceptional quality.

Thanks for the reply.

If you're considering 1.75, I would just look for a budget boost kit with spacers for the front and a block or add a leaf for the rear. You can get a kit with or without shocks. I did a Rubicon express kit with leaf for the woman's xj. It rides nice and and isn't overly tall for her. It comes with all the shocks for less than$250. A 1 in lift you probably wouldn't even notice.

check out OME lifts. they are small lifts with great ride quality. an add a leaf will be stiff and a block will eventually give you negative arch on the leaf or can break the center pin.

I'd considered the spacer route, but my current springs are at a state where replacement is not a matter of if, but when.

OME, I've read a bunch of almost universally positive reviews. All seem to come in over 2" or so though, and I'd really like to avoid an SYE. I won't do a transfer case drop.

1.75" might even be too much on my '97.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Google moog progressive zj coils and enjoy. 63? On Amazon.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I'd considered the spacer route, but my current springs are at a state where replacement is not a matter of if, but when.

OME, I've read a bunch of almost universally positive reviews. All seem to come in over 2" or so though, and I'd really like to avoid an SYE. I won't do a transfer case drop.

1.75" might even be too much on my '97.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

They have a medium duty and a heavy duty. The HD comes in around 3" but it's meant to me weighed down with gear and sit around 2" loaded where the medium sits around 2" empty. You won't need a SYE or t case drop with 2"~ if lift.

Back