• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked the unibody

smokeyyank

NAXJA Forum User
Well after wondering what the hell happened to the XJ after the last camping trip I discovered a gnarly crack in the uni body at the steering box. Came up because I was getting really bad death wobble all of the sudden. It cracked all the way across the sway bar amount and a few inches back that has went up the side of the fender wheel. The back crack is the worst and actually torqued to where it looks like the frame is bent. If that makes sense.... I hope this isn't the end of the XJ, but as far as fixing it what are my best options? Right now it has 33's, durango/WJ steering upgrade, 4.11's, LSD F/R and other things. I was trying to find the C-Rok kit but it's not listed on their website. I was also looking at the frame stiffeners from IRO but think I wold still need to add something around the steering box area. This also adds to the list of other crap that needs to be fixed, especially on the front end. Any help is appreciated.

I am happy with my jcr tie in kit. Comes with a steel box spacer too.

If you need some help welding plates on, give me a call.

Cool, thanks all. Thanks for the offer old man. I do have a buddy that is a welder but if I cant track him down I'll let you know.

Back