• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Egr valve

tylergrant2011

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever tried deleting the egr? The valve in my egr no longer holds? I was wondering if anyone has ever did this and the pros and cons of doing this.

It is against federal regulations to do this. In my state, they check for that during emissions test and will flunk you.

I hate EGR. Crap trick to make emissions look better. Like AIR.
A new catalytic converter does much more.

But I didn't think the 4.0 had them. At least Im pretty sure mine don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egr is only on the renew era 4.0. most places frown upon emissions equipment tampering. It's possible to removed, but the "computer" may also be unhappy since a programmed function is not working. I.e. check engine light could occur.

Do they not make the valve anymore? I've only delt with my 94.

The egr was only on the 87-90 renix 4.0s, no? I'd delete it if I had one and didn't have to deal with Cali checks.

The egr was only on the 87-90 renix 4.0s, no? I'd delete it if I had one and didn't have to deal with Cali checks.

Yes, only the 87-90 Renix 4.0s had the EGR

]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNTOaRGxoBfsSKkXdsVj7RmPG0q7_uBzmt5yIhg[/IMG]

I was going to share some images ...........but...................PITA..........

Yes you can........and you can make your own charcoal filter too.

Back