• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LS accessory drive with A/C

Skwirl

NAXJA Forum User
I have been reading a lot of threads on the LS swaps and can't seem to keep up with what accessory drives that work in the XJ with A/C? Can anyone list the parts?

you need an LS
an alternator
a power steering pump
an ac compressor
a belt

;)

I would imagine almost any of them will fit, the xj isn't that tight.

What fits in my miata is the ctsv drive setup. Includes waterpump, ac, alt, and ps. AC is low mounted on the passenger side on its own belt.

This setup is sold everywhere....Google cts-v accessory drive kit

The most important things are he following. What motor are you planning on running and with what manifold? Secondly, what radiator setup are you planning on running. All of that will dictate the accessory mounting. Otherwise, plenty of companies out there make brackets with different the 3 different belt spacings and component locations.

the kwick performance alt/PS bracket does not work with out modification(esspecialy with a durango steering box), other brackets are better suited to the task

Or do like I did and make your own brackets. I put my alt on the pass side and retained the jeep PS pump. Using the GM AC compressor with factory GM bracket too.

the kwick performance alt/PS bracket does not work with out modification(esspecialy with a durango steering box), other brackets are better suited to the task
I'm running the Kwik setup, slight mods for the p/s (running the Jeep XJ p/s pump with remote reservoir). I am also running the Kwik sanden compressor mount and the stock GM compressor down below it (one for a/c and one for OBA). Pretty happy with the setup, the Kwik will allow the alternator to clear the hood (however i am running the Truck manifold for torque so that wasn't a concern for me anyway).

Back