• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inner wheel guard

Ewenm

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all

What do you do when the inner plastic wheel arch guard gets brittle and falls apart.

My '94 xj,s front inners are falling apart.

I want to protect the inner guards from grime and stone damage so want to retain these plastic guards.

Has anyone got a solution, do later model XJ,s have the same shape?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Ewen

I wouldve pulled the remaining peices out, and saved the $100, but thats just me.
If you dont like grime, keep your engine leak free... and it'll only get dusty, wash out when washing the jeep...

No problems here.

Over here in the US, we have these things called pool noodles?, theyre an expanded foam toy kids use in swimming pools, they fit pretty well to block the door jambs.

You do have a point about the door jambs, its been a while since ive thought about that stuff. Apologies.

I've herd guys using old mudflaps as fender liners. Any cheap chunk of rubber material will be good enough I imagine. Just cut it and secure it in place.

Back