• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frt dr only manual swap - issues?

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm going to be converting my XJ to manual windows shortly. I was wondering, if I swap the fronts only at first, will I loose the power window function of the rear doors? Or do I need to swap those right away as well? My youngest isn't big enough to reach the door cranks yet but can manage the power up/down button.

And would it be easier to swap the whole door or swap just the needed parts from the 97 (sport) manual doors into my 00 (classic) power doors?

Thanks
Dave

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

All the controls run thru the drivers door first.

OK, I have power to the doors bridged before the door from back when the lockout did the usual failure thing. I've since fixed the switch panel. Would jumper in power for the rear door at the front door switch panel connector fix it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

It's defiantly easier to change the regulators than the doors. Took me about 20 minutes per side to convert from power to manual windows. Took longer to locate and cut the door panels for the cranks.

Back