• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measuringfor new driveshaft for sye with existing tcase drop

Mcmadman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I've just put a 4.5 lift on my 01. I currently am not getting terrible vibes but I want to do things proper. I have the tcase drop that came with the zone 4.5 lift and was thinking about getting an advanced adapters sye kit and a Tom wood driveshaft. My question is when I do the measurements should i eliminate the tcase drop? Also can't seem to find a good write up for this job if anyone knows one.

the drop won't make a major difference on the final measurement, you can measure while its in place and be ok, but you def want to remove it.

which part are you looking for a writeup on?

Its almost impossible to mess up, except making sure you get the pump seated correctly putting it back together.

This. When I did my TW 242 SYE, it took me a few tries to remember to put everything together correctly, but it is super obvious if you aren't doing it right. Like Cal said, the only thing that can be done wrong, after making sure you have no leftover pieces and everything fits, is if your oil "pump" isn't seated correctly.

Awesome thanks a lot guys. Couldn't ask for more I've never done u joints before but my neighbor could probably help if I asked. Should probably swap those out during? And eliminate the tcase drop for measurements

U-joints will come with the new driveshaft you have to order after the SYE, so nothing to do there.

Don't need to remove t-case drop for the measurement, its not going to make a significant difference in your measurements.

Back