• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Help

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
1992 Jeep 4.0 AX15 NP242 etc etc

Trying to recharge my ac. Got the Red Tek 12a kit. Put the adapters on the low side port (I think) and tried to fill up the compressor. The line with the kit filled but nothing actually went into the compressor like the valve on the compressor side is blocked. Any ideas would be great from someone that knows these systems. I don't really care about the 'convert to r134' opinions. Just trying to get this figured out. Thanks

It's the old r12 valves. Didn't know if anything else had to be done after putting the adapters on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well some of the old XJs had a valve by the compressor where the line attached , you'd have to open them before charging .
I think the 92 year updated.
Does the compressor turn by hand , not locked up?
Then the dryer/accumulator just below in your picture has a plug you can jump to fool the compression into engaging that should suck in the freon.
But if you had a leak you maybe low on oil too.

I can't see the valves on the compressor well enough to see if they are the old style valves . I think they are newer style which is good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything turns and no leaks that I know of. Going to try and loosen it when I get home. Hopefully that's it.

Ok I think all you got to do is remove those caps to turn the valves. 1/4 wrench if I remember . Maybe metric but I think it was 1/4

Sweet Yeah its looking like it's turn right to open left to close

Ok I think all you got to do is remove those caps to turn the valves. 1/4 wrench if I remember . Maybe metric but I think it was 1/4

That is what he has for sure. Don't remember the rotation direction, seems like it was backwards, CW to open? But he will figure it out.

They both must be opened if you are using a dual pressure gauge set up and want to read the high side pressure as I recall.

I got them all taken care of. Blew up my compressor..... Time to search for a new r12 one

Back