• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORI struts who runs them?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Am looking to do something up front either coil over or struts ...What I'm looking for is those running them with around 4-5 inches max of exposed shaft at ride height and how they work for you in regards to things like sway control since from my reading on them I may not get the benefits they offer with little up travel built in and I have no room for anymore than 5 inches of shock up travel ...The main reason I am looking at the or I us the side to side stability they offer so if running low up travel disables that feature I may as well consider a coil over .

Looking for guys running them with less than 6 inches of shaft said to be needed to their benefits ...the only reason I like then is body roll stability aside from that I would just buy a set of coilovers so if running only 4-5 inches of shaft results in disabling that feature...coil overs it is .

Where did you get the 6" of shaft thing? ORI? Online?
I'm just curious, because I'm putting some on the back of my brothers jeep, and I've seen guys running (what looks like) 3-5" uptravel???

Where did you get the 6" of shaft thing? ORI? Online?
I'm just curious, because I'm putting some on the back of my brothers jeep, and I've seen guys running (what looks like) 3-5" uptravel???

Yes read this on the internet many threads on pirate and others . The ori is designed to work in stages if not enough shaft you can't use them properly ...I also that the models have changed a bit and offer the ability to run less shaft to work well . I will be calling ORI to get the exact info on what needs to be in the set up to run them properly I also read the oil tube length can be set from factory to the user needs bla bla bla basically I need to call the manufactueter to address my questions with hard answers.

I run them, I love them.

I did just send them back in to get some work done and new STX caps put on. It wasn't cheap by a long shot, but they'd been not used for the better part of 5 years while the rig got built, and seals don't like that.

The shaft thing, was mainly with the older ST's (like mine were/are).

The newer STX's are meant to be able to be run with very little shaft showing if you wish, where as the ST's worked best with 1/2 the stroke length showing (i.e. a 16" strut would perform best with 8" of shaft showing).

I love being able to adjust ride height, compression, and dampening with just some nitro charging. If I really want to get more into it, I can start playing with oil levels and bypass tube modification.

I run them, I love them.

I did just send them back in to get some work done and new STX caps put on. It wasn't cheap by a long shot, but they'd been not used for the better part of 5 years while the rig got built, and seals don't like that.

The shaft thing, was mainly with the older ST's (like mine were/are).

The newer STX's are meant to be able to be run with very little shaft showing if you wish, where as the ST's worked best with 1/2 the stroke length showing (i.e. a 16" strut would perform best with 8" of shaft showing).

I love being able to adjust ride height, compression, and dampening with just some nitro charging. If I really want to get more into it, I can start playing with oil levels and bypass tube modification.

That is exactly what I thought I read on the shaft length and the difference in the new versions...now if I can just get my hooptie running...lol...I knew forgetting to disconnect the battery and ecu was going to be ugly after 4 10lb spools of wire expended on the jeep . Oh well I,m getting some needed time learning the electrical on the jeep this could be the excuse I need to start the dash project early .

Back