• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Shocks...

Logy98

NAXJA Forum User
Went to change shocks, and busted all four bolts - Not uncommon, I know.

Bought air chisel to do the job (Campbell-Hausfeld job from Wal-Mart), thought it'd be super easy considering everything I looked up.

The air chisel WILL NOT knock those out on it's own. Not sure why, maybe I've got too small of a compressor or maybe the chisel is too wimpy? Says that the max it'll take is 90psi. Not sure on the CSFM. The compressor is just a Craftsman horizontal with like a 5-7 Gallon tank (don't remember exact size, but close to that). I will say, that compressor seemed pretty wimpy at 90 with my impact, but it's not my compressor.

I knocked out three of them with a socket extension and a BFH, but can't shake that last one. I've been avoiding filling up the torch, but at this rate I may have to.

TL;DR - Can't knock out shock nut with air chisel. Confused as to why.

I have a nice Kobalt chisel and really weak compressor. I can only hit it for about 5-6 seconds before it loses juice and I have to wait a minute and half to fill back up.

I had one that took FOREVER. It finally broke loose and life was peachy. Hang in there.

Back