• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical starting issue

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
I was working on my rig today and needed access to the space behind the cargo area trim panel on the driver's side. After putting everything back together the Jeep won't start. No crank. No solenoid click. No power to accessories. It's probably unrelated to anything I did today, but there were a bunch of wires and connectors and stuff that I was working around. I assume that all the wiring in the cargo area behind the trim panel relates to lighting and maybe trailer brakes (the rig came equipped with the tow package), but that nothing back there could cause a no start no power situation. Still, since I don't really know for sure, I thought I'd throw this question out: is there anything in the space between the panel and rear fender that if disturbed could cause the Jeep to not start?

Thanks for any responses.

Did you check the basics? Battery? Connections? Fuse? Try turning the headlights on to see if there's any juice in the battery. If you were under the lift gate you may have killed the battery with the dome lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I have not yet checked the basics. Did not have time yesterday.

Just wondering if there is anything behind the trim panel on the driver's side of the cargo compartment that if inadvertently disconnected could be responsible. Thought I'd start there, since I was working in that space when the issue developed.

There is a ground right behind the spare tire plastic for the fuel pump. Look a dozen or so threads down to see a good pic of the grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back