• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a track bar that adjusts shorter than stock

Why? I assume maybe you have an axle side mount which is a fair bit taller than stock? TNT Customs might make a shorter one if you ask. I have a TNT track bar that I actually shortened a bit myself. They are super beefy. Rusty's will definitely do it, though I'm not familiar with their products. http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-track-bar-custom.html

Or are trying to lower an XJ below stock height for whatever reason?

I can't remember off the top of my head if there is room to re drill the axle side mount on a stock mount. If there is, that might do it. If there isn't, a custom mount might be another option.

Best,

Paul

Andy at Ironman4x4fab made me a shorter custom straight adjustable trackbar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you sure that stupid Moog bar isn't just your problem? According to your thread, it is a full 1/2" longer (31 5/8 vs 31 1/8). I know for a fact, because I just dealt with sortening a track bar, that exactly 1/2" was the difference for me between a rubbing coil spring and a dead centered axle. (I'm at ~6" of lift). Make them take that Moog back. Get one that is the same length as stock.

For a custom track bar, you're going to spend like $300+ and not have solved whatever the problem actually is. The good news is that it will be adjustable, so whenever you figure out the problem, you can just lengthen it!

Paul

I put in an AZ bar that was shorter than the Moog and still had the same problem. I think I have the original bar I can try putting back in to see what happens

Back