• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 to AW4 wiring help

choogala

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ that had a AX15 and how I have a AW4 out of a 98 XJ. I have the wiring and computer out of the 98. I have been told that you can wire them up and make them stand alone. can anyone help point me in the right direction for a step by step or what wires go where. thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Don't try to just put the tranny in and attempt wiring it up yourself. Get the harness and TCU from an AW4 equipped Jeep of the same era as the JEEP you're putting the tranny into. The wires from the donor will plug right into it.

You can search the junkyards, but the first link there will likely cause you the least grief. Either way, make sure the TCU connector COLOR is the same as the harness connector color, or it'll cause you problems (e.g. a <or=91-96 TCU and engine side harness will NOT work on a 97+ transmission. Everything else is literally plug and play.

Back