• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 issues

831_xj

NAXJA Forum User
So I originally had a spartan locker in the 8.8 and all was fine until it broke. Picked up some spider gears from the junkyard just to keep it rolling as it's my DD. Now those lasted me about 3-4 weeks and eventually stripped too. I popped the case to find both c clips were out so it was held together by the caliper bolts. On to the next set there was no way the c clips would stay in. With the center pin in you can still push the shaft in far enough where the c clips will clear the spiders and fall right out again..

4.10 gears. I am at a loss and about to scrap this whole axle and find a 44 or something else to swap in.. Are there different spider gears for 4.10 and up or something?

That should be ok. Think the split was 86 for different pins. The only other thing I could think of is that your carrier is damaged. Any pics? I'm assuming you had a non ls carrier too.

Yeah that sounds like the carrier is messed up. Shouldn't be too hard to find another one.

Back