• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manual to power windows

kippo1

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have been looking for agate manual window door panels for months now and have had no luck.

I'm about to the point of just changing over to power locks and windows.

Anyone known if the wiring is already there on a 1998 cherokee.

Hoping all I need is to just get all the internals and plug and play.

If anyone has done this or know let me know

Did a search but didn't see anything on manual to power window conversion

Thanks in advance.

I did this on my 98, i'm not sure what year you have. But, I made a couple of JY trips when they had a flat rate for everything you can carry out day. From the inside out, I needed to replace the main body harness that runs from driver's kick panel to left rear quarter, under the back seat, passenger kick panel to the right rear quarter. It's a giant "H" harness. You will then need each door harness, the window motors and complete lift assembly, and the power actuators that are a part of the door latch assembly. Also get the power lock actuator for the rear hatch. Also get the power mirrors. You will also need the main harness that runs behind the dash, or you have to create some jumpers for the drivers power lock and passenger power mirror switch to work.

I ended up having to replace one of the window motors and passenger side BCM switch assembly later when the JY units failed. I also was able to add the factory remote key lock when I added the overhead console.

It's time consuming and difficult to do all at once if you have a DD, it would take a long weekend, but I'm glad I did mine.

Power mirrors where standard on all trim levels of the XJ. From everything I've read there are three main body harnesses that where in the XJ. Base model with out power windows, or locks. Power windows, and locks non Infinity sound system, and power windows, locks, and with the Infinity sound.

Are the regulators between the power/manual windows the same minus the motor itself?

Power mirrors where standard on all trim levels of the XJ. From everything I've read there are three main body harnesses that where in the XJ. Base model with out power windows, or locks. Power windows, and locks non Infinity sound system, and power windows, locks, and with the Infinity sound.

no, they weren't. if so, my 88 would have power mirrors, and so would my 96.

Crud someone told me after 97 they only had one body harness. I have not been able to verify that. Mine is a sport but I will find out for sure in the next couple of days when I pull the door panels again.

I'm going to hit the junkyards one more time this week. Lol

Pull the trim at the bottom of the B pillar and see if you have a set of unused connectors there. I can't recall the shape or size, but they would be for the rear window, door lock, and rear dome light switches. Mine was so basic I didn't even have connectors for the rear dome light pin switches.

Well went to the yard yesterday they had just got a 1999 with agate interior that is in awesome shape. Well the driver seat was junk. Going back tomorrow to pull wiring and door panels to start swapping over to electric locks and windows.

I got all the interior including head liner and carpet.

So besides the wiring harness for the locks and Windows is there anything else I should grab.

Im getting all the regulators, lock actuators, door panels ,and wiring harness that goes to the doors and rear deck lid. Am I missing anything?

Back