• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

136A alternator wiring question

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
To all who have done this did you have to use the stock alt charge wire? The one that hooks to the alt stud. It looks like it goes back up through the harness under the pdc somewhere. Or do you just bypass it? Its a 93 with 4.0 and the small two stud pdc.

I was going to go straight from the alt stud to a 150 amg fuse then to the battery. Then run a wire to the starter and pdc from the battery. Am I missing anything? Or do u have to upgrade the old feed wire as well? where does it go? Thanks guys

Did you do anything with the stock wire? or just leave it? I pulled everything else, looked like crap. Also you just go straight to the pdc and starter from battery? Had any issues with this setup? Thanks was hoping someone who has done it would post up. Do you know where that stock wire goes (just wondering)

Yes the alternator cable goes to the PDC and before it terminates at the PDC, it become smaller (that's the fusible link). I would recommend to upgrade entire battery cables to gain full benefit. 4 awg cables are recommended.

That's the question do you just bypass the stock wire? I'm using 1awg wire on all cables. So if the stock wire feeds the pdc can I just use the two studs by the battery will this make everything work?

Yes if you put an inline fuse on the cable coming from the alternator to the PDC. You would have to cut the old 2-stud lug off the old cable and leave it on the PDC so to bridge both posts together and just put the new cable lug on one of the studs.

The stock wire is a fusible link, its going to blow when you push the alternator output

I don't remember the details on my conversion but I am pretty sure I just pulled it out of the harness and threw it away

I run alternator to battery, then battery to starter and PDC. The battery provides a source of constant amperage, while the alternator output fluctuates a bit as the AC passes through the diode pack.

The stock wire is a fusible link, its going to blow when you push the alternator output

I don't remember the details on my conversion but I am pretty sure I just pulled it out of the harness and threw it away

I run alternator to battery, then battery to starter and PDC. The battery provides a source of constant amperage, while the alternator output fluctuates a bit as the AC passes through the diode pack.

How possible to get a pic of your set up?

Back