• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hesco Supercharger

Fishpony

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have info on the old Hesco Supercharger kits? I picked one up from a guy but i'm trying to figure out what i'm all missing. Looks like the power steering reservoir might need relocated. I emailed Hesco but haven't heard back and not sure i will since they don't make or sell these anymore. Can't find much online about them either.

Thanks

I heard back from Hesco and they said that they haven't made a kit in 15 years but might have some spare parts still. Hopefully they come through!

The power steering reservoir will probably have to be relocated.
The various vacuum lines need attention so they do not receive pressure, when under boost. An oil catch can might be needed on the PVC line.
What are you going to use for fuel management?
You will probably need to fabricate the belt adjustment, unless Hesco still has the parts..
The throttle and transmission cable bracket will need relocation and modification.
What manifold does it use and does it need modification or porting?
Most kits require a big hole in the hood that needs to be covered.
The cooling system needs to be in top shape with a high efficiency radiator.

I investigated this a bit last year while putting together a supercharged, 4.6 engine.
The engine was built for a friend's XJ, who lives in Nevada, which does not bother with emission inspections.
No way would it ever pass inspection here in California.
Unfortunately, my friend suddenly died about two weeks before the install, putting an end to the project.

So, I have a Russ Pottenger built, 4.6L supercharged engine out in the garage.
350+HP of goodness that will never see the street.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/albums/72157663342067420
The kit is designed to fit under a stock hood, without any cutting.

The SC kit uses a programable Split Second controller with a 7th fuel injector that injects fuel into the intake of the throttle body, while under boost.
It use a new power steering fluid reservoir, located remotely. See the photo for what you will be looking for

The photos show all the parts in the kit, minus some of the belt adjuster.
The supercharger kit is for sale, if anyone is interested. I have about $3500 in it.
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Hesco said they may have some adapters still that would allow it to fit under the hood. Hopefully they come through, if not then I'll cut a hole

I can't decide if i want to use the split second and a 7th injector or the one that controls 6 larger injectors. Lookin into water injection along with it.

Definitely trying to figure out what I need for my cooling system. I want to get a new radiator and the 3 electric fan kit but I've had people steer me away from the fans so not sure.

Waiting to hear back from Hesco, hopefully they have some spare parts laying around still.

Yeah those were the kids I was looking at.

Heard back from Hesco and they don't have anymore brackets so it fits under the hood of an XJ. Sucks

Didn't realize that the XJ doesn't have a return fuel line. That might be a problem. Any suggestions on fuel?

The Split Second kit I have is used with 97+ returnless fuel systems.
The newer fuel pumps have a built in pressure regulator.
The advantage of the SS is it only adds fuel under boost. It has its own MAP sensor to determine when to add fuel.
It is somewhat programable, with a list of fueling tables that can be accessed with a laptop.

I had install a AEM methanol injection system on my friend's 97, before he died.
It was never operated and is available
https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-3300-...8-1&keywords=aem+water+methanol+injection+kit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/24489886372/in/album-72157661867119384/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/24489886372/in/album-72157661867119384/

Oh nice. Which SS kit have you used? I can't decide between the ftc1-201 or the ftc1-202.

I'm a little hesitant about using the stock fuel pump regardless and was hoping to use a walbro 255

That AEM kit looks pretty nice, I'll have to do some more research on it.

Back