• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end tube work?

Rockdrummer93

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at adding some tube to the front of my jeep. I'm wanting to somewhat do a buggy front end but keep the unibody and possibly parts of the body panels. Wanting to see what y'all have done maybe get some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone

Moved the radiator out back

11122448_10205916303679715_8553017619576324084_o.jpg

FB_IMG_1464910381520.jpg

13406756_10208290026181294_1505661872430163220_n.jpg

I like yours but want to try to keep my radiator in the stock location. I'd like to do cut up some stock fenders and make them skins to try to keep somewhat of a stock look

Sent from my iPhone

Rob, got any pics of your radiator setup?

These are the best I got, used 1.5" exhaust tubing, got both fans hooked up on separate toggle switches, 95% of the time I only need one going even in 90+ degree heat
FB_IMG_1467305396146.jpg

FB_IMG_1467305403596.jpg

FB_IMG_1467305423693.jpg

I like yours but want to try to keep my radiator in the stock location. I'd like to do cut up some stock fenders and make them skins to try to keep somewhat of a stock look

Sent from my iPhone

Understandable, I was sick of the frt catching when going up stuff

I also wanted to keep the radiator in the stock location which is why I had to loose the stock headlights and go with the LEDs. I spent months looking for options and couldn't really find anything I loved so I just started bending tube and this is what I came up with.

IMG_20160319_111439626_zpsz7xf5ak5.jpg

2_zpsoyshr8wl.jpg

Lions%20Den%20Exit_zpsfnltkxxg.png

IMG_20160319_121414357_zpsbv2vssun.jpg

My first rig was an MJ with an interior cage. I should have done and EXO but didn't like the way they looked. Within a year my MJ looked like a raisin so when I decided to build another one I went the EXO route. I had always planned to run a bar down the drip rail then tie it into the interior cage. However, getting it close enough not to look bad and still get a good weld is the real problem. By the way nice build thread.

My first rig was an MJ with an interior cage. I should have done and EXO but didn't like the way they looked. Within a year my MJ looked like a raisin so when I decided to build another one I went the EXO route. I had always planned to run a bar down the drip rail then tie it into the interior cage. However, getting it close enough not to look bad and still get a good weld is the real problem. By the way nice build thread.

Thanks yeah my original plan was to do a hybrid cage but a buddy of mine was selling the cage I have and I jumped on it.. I still am thinking about running a rub bar down the drip rail and tying it in to the interior cage through the cross bars that way I can get it closer to the body. Doing that way won't really protect it in a roll over but will help out in tight situations. The main reason why I'm looking at some tube in the front is I cracked my unibody last trip out and want to stiffen up the front some. But want to keep the stock full bodies look at all possible.

Sent from my iPhone

I've had the same issue as some others here.

I made this thread on pirate:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-cherokee/1031436-xj-buggy-front-ends.html

I went through a bunch of different looks, and eventually ended up with this:
2s7vpfs.jpg

No headlights down low, and the side tubes touch the sides of the radiator, but I feel its a lot better protected than my previous iterations...

Also, with just the grill and no header pannel, it should be a lot easier to replace when that happens.

I've looked through that thread before.. Lots of good ideas and sweet looking rigs.. I guess my main issue is still being full bodied. Idk how a straight buggy front end will looks with a box in the back. Might just be time to start hacking up lol hopefully not though

Sent from my iPhone

Back