• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things I learned this year at Nac-fest...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
1. Rich and Carol just simply rock. (I already knew that, but it still tops the list)
2. Spotting someone who can't hear REALLY fine-tunes your hand signals...:thumbup:
3. Some things never change... namely things like Stefan... please don't ever change.
4. Jordan put some time into creating an amazing raffle, good job bud!
5. When Keith doesn't have his rig there to break, he just picks out another bada$$ rig....and breaks it instead.
6. Vetteboy= still a vampire. Pretty sure he was smoking a little while he was sleeping in the shade on Devils Den.
7. This was a great event. Jordan, Rich and Carol did a great job!!!

Thanks for making me feel bad Andy.

1. Rich and Carol just simply rock. (I already knew that, but it still tops the list)
2. Spotting someone who can't hear REALLY fine-tunes your hand signals...:thumbup:
3. Some things never change... namely things like Stefan... please don't ever change.
4. Jordan put some time into creating an amazing raffle, good job bud!
5. When Keith doesn't have his rig there to break, he just picks out another bada$$ rig....and breaks it instead.
6. Vetteboy= still a vampire. Pretty sure he was smoking a little while he was sleeping in the shade on Devils Den.
7. This was a great event. Jordan, Rich and Carol did a great job!!!

1. Wearing the same clothes for 4 straight days is a bad idea
  2. Buddy's makes really good food
  3. Having a good assormtnet of spare parts and tools can turn a potential disaster into a non-issue
  4. Breakfast sandwiches bought at a gas station should be illegal
  5. Trying to keep up with Vetteboy on the trails is futile
  6. Watching other people break is WAAYYY more fun than breaking your own stuff

1. The NAC has a collection of some of the finest and most fun people you could ever have the honor of calling friends. Simply put, there is no bad apple in the bunch.
2. Campfire fun proves it's not about the jeeps, but the people. See #1.
3. I'm going to redouble efforts to make sure next year's event is even better, because our friends are worth any and every effort.

Thanks to everyone who came out this year. I feel blessed to know each and every one of you.
Rich

1. Yurts are only $5 more per day than tent sites.
2. Yurts do not look like the fancy ones in any pictures
3. Yurts do not eliminate spiders
4. Just cause yurts have electricity doesn't mean you don't need to bring an extension cord.
5. It's still fun to give tips to the new folks willing to listen.
6. Coming to NACFest makes me want an XJ on this coast. Then I see the mud at Rausch and come to my senses.
7. The NAC people are still a great bunch of folks.

David Bricker / SYR

1. Stefan is the only person I know that cant wheel an automatic
2. not planning any part of this trip and just showing up made it more fun
3. Lee is a good spotter even though he scratched my JK rim and idc what he says its his fault :laugh:

4. skid row transfer case skids are the unshaved 14 bolt of skid plates
5. miller lite and red bull when drank together is disgusting
6. paul farts ALOT in his sleep
7. the NAC is awesome and its obvious why I've been coming back for almost 10 years , I love you guys and cant wait to see everyone again :smootch:

1. No matter what you prepare for and what spare parts you bring, something will break that you can't fix
2. Stefan always needs to be at NACFest. Never change bud.
3. Random beer tastings is a delicious trend that needs to continue
4. Yurts are worth it to avoid setting up a tent
5. I need a trailer
6. Bricker needs a jeep on the East Coast, regardless of mud
7. A real registration table make us look almost official
8. No matter how many raffle tickets you buy, someone will always buy more

1 I made a big impression this year
2 I hate wheeling an automatic
3 if you don't plan for nsomethin that will be the thing to go wrong
4 I missed everyone more than I had realized
5 the alloy in alloy wheels is actually code for glass.
6 when something doesn't work hit it harder and harder is not always the best approach.
7 NAC raffles are the only times I ever win anything
8 I'm lucky to have friends that are willing to put up with my fly by the seat of my pants lifestyle.
9 sausage pepper and onion and pulled pork and Mac+ cheese sandwiches are awesome.
10 they are even not too bad when they come up the next morning.
11 drink enough and you can sleep anywhere.
12 I'm definitely not selling the Jeep any more.
13 but I'm not going to fix it much either.
14 my jeep sucks
15 jiffy pop makes a decent cushion

1)I learned that I'm stupid for not hooking up the oba a year ago, the front locker were amazing. Goes to show that procrastination is not always good.

2)NAC peep are awesome. Especially Jordan and the guys in the group I went with.

3)I need to spend more money on raffle tickets.

4)I need to learn more about the hand signals because some of the signals mean the different thing in sign language and I can get confused easily especially if I'm hanging on a rock face for dear life. Haha

1. The NAC is awesome.

2. I need to build my new front axle and lengthen the front drive shaft.

3. You can not keep up with vetteboy on the trails.

4. Buy LOTS of raffle tickets.

5. Jordan, Rich and Carol R O C K.

6. We need to have at least 2 NAC-Fest's a year.

STROKER

7. Ruff stuff is awesome, called them about swapping the d30 diff cover for a 44 and they said "no problem send it back with a note with your shipping address and which cover you would like." No hassle or argument. Great stuff.

STROKER

Last edited:
Back