• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RCV shafts in HP30

Weezul

NAXJA Forum User
I have a HP30 from an XJ in my 1998 TJ. I'm running Alloy USA balljoints and I'm wondering if anyone on here has run this combination. The lower balljoint sticks up on the inner C quite a bit and I'm wondering if the orange boot will fit. I've included a picture of the ball joint in question. I've searched all over the internet and haven't been able to find anything, so I figured I'd check out NAXJA.

970F910F-200E-4155-83CF-30C0D5E4439C_zpsztnge9ey.jpg

I know stock D30 knuckles need to be machined or clearanced for the boot to clear.....and HP or LP doesn't matter as far as knuckles go.

I got some axles that the PO clearanced the knuckles to fit, and I will likely be putting different knuckles on.................

I know stock D30 knuckles need to be machined or clearanced for the boot to clear.....and HP or LP doesn't matter as far as knuckles go.

I got some axles that the PO clearanced the knuckles to fit, and I will likely be putting different knuckles on.................
Why is that?

I have the first set that Bobby Long made, I got them directly from him. I don't think its an issue but I can snap a pic tomorrow if I get a chance.

The area I was talking about was the unit bearing seating area, so the boot will go in. I wasn't talking about the ball joints. I don't think that clearance is bad once they are installed.

Back