• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Middle TN Convoy - Wednesday

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Is anyone from Middle TN going to the Crawl on Wednesday? I'd sure like a friend to convoy with just in case I have trouble. I'm taking I-40 east to Knoxville.

I always get worried that my old, clapped out trail truck won't make it. I'll have the whole family in it too.

What is your time frame? We may be able to meet up near Knoxville?

We can probably be flexible, we had previously talked about leaving around lunch, and grab dinner in Harlan before we get to camp... If that is later than you had planned, I'm sure we can start earlier :)

Nothing is gonna happen to your jeep on the way... But we will have two trucks towing with streetable jeeps and a few seats in a truck.

...but that won't be necessary!

We normally left exit 289 in Cookeville around 8:30 am central. It's another 2 hours to Knoxville to that would be around noon eastern. That might work.

Yeah... We could meet up for lunch, and then continue on... I remember doing that one year with Matt & Tiff

Every time I drive by that Sonic I think of those days.

I usually go up 65 and cut east through KY. Less traffic and less hills, but Ed, if you would feel more comfortable with a second vehicle with you I could certainly change my route. Mileage difference is negligible.

It's not a big deal. I just like to have a partner as you never know what can happen to and from an event.

I've been thinking about trying a different route to stay off the interstate. My Jeep will go but doing 70 mph on the interstate just isn't that much fun and if you go much slower, you get run over.

Ed you got my number? I'll be in Harlan on Tuesday afternoon. If you have any trouble at all an need help call me!

Ok, Good deal. I just worry too much but with the wife, kids, and all the junk we gotta haul, it would just suck to have issues.

Last edited:
Ok, Good deal. I just worry too much but with the wife, kids, and all the junk we gotta haul, it would just suck to have issues.

I get that! Been there. I have twins remember. Sent you my cell.

I usually tow around 55-60... Ed, I think shortly after that sonic (area) it is that long 2 lane country road & 55. That was the route I was hoping to take, as I would recognize it...

As I said earlier, we will have options if need be, but won't have any trouble, we're going to have a good trip!

If you want to convoy with us just give me a time & address & we can meet you there... Plus I will have your radio, we can try them out on the way...

Sounds like your speeds are right where I want to be. I figure we can meet around the Sonic and then take our time from there.

For the last two years, they have been working on widening Hwy 33 coming out of Knoxville so the road should be pretty good (unless there is construction, which could slow us down). Also, I found out they finally completed the bridge over the lake just before Tazewell, TN.

Edit: I just noticed on my Google map that there is a construction work between Maynardville and the bridge.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me Ed! ...just refresh me on where this Sonic is? What exit, etc... And a time you would like to meet there.

Sounds good to me Ed! ...just refresh me on where this Sonic is? What exit, etc... And a time you would like to meet there.
You might even talk us into meeting up for lunch to see some old friends.

Matt! Now that would be just like old times.

You might even talk us into meeting up for lunch to see some old friends.

Or you could get a cheap used xj and come play with us again! :kissyou:

Or you could get a cheap used xj and come play with us again! :kissyou:

I wish but times and life has changed. Ill still enjoy the company of good friends but I'll leave the wheeling to you fine folks

I wish but times and life has changed. Ill still enjoy the company of good friends but I'll leave the wheeling to you fine folks

Yes sir! I had to poke at you!

Back