• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front sway bar links with 2" lift?

Ou2mame

NAXJA Forum User
I was loosening the sway bar link to drop the axle to take the coil out, and it broke off from rust. The other came off easy. It tricked me lol.. Should I be buying extended sway bar links or stock ones with a 2" lift? I don't care about quick disconnect, just trying to figure out what parts I need.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

Most people run stock links up to 3". At least I did. I used two sets of factory links and factory rear brackets to make a extended set for up front usable to 4.5.
I say just go get your self some new oem ones from the local store. Heat will be your friend. Your probably gonna break the rear shock bolts. Those are a pita to deal with.

Since you need news ones, I would look for some longer ones. I think I paid $30-40 for decent non-disconnect links that are 2-3 inches longer.

With a welder and grinder you can make a set. Mine cost me $0. Had extra parts laying around. You will to if you ditch the rear bar.

I've already broken and replaced the rear shock bolts lol...and cross member bolts, and all sorts of other bolts. I kinda just expect bolts to break when I touch them. I'll just get some stock ones if it's not going to harm anything.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

Back