• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July AAT Workdays - Plus Green Spot Camping!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workdays are July 15th and 16th on 2N04 and possibly 2N49.

Come on out to help us get some work done and have a good time. Remember, volunteer work keeps trails open. If we don't maintain our trails they will end up closed out from under us. As a bonus we've got a great secluded campsite at Green Spot.

FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING
Anybody coming out to volunteer or any past volunteers may camp with us for free at Green Spot Campground. Please RSVP with me.

SATURDAY, July 16 - 2N04 Maintenance
Meet Point 09:00
AM Green Spot Campground
The focus for Saturday's activities is general maintenance and possibly water bar work.

SUNDAY, July 17 - TBA Maintenance
Details TBA

If we get our chores done early there is wheeling near 2N04. Heartbreak Ridge and Horsetheif Flat are very close, the Holcomb Valley area is about 40 minutes away.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). 2WD XJ is normally acceptable with front tow points.

Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Hard hats may be available but if you have your own please bring it. In tick-areas it is best to cover as much skin as possible.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend. Please state which days you will be doing the maintenance and whether you are camping. Depending on participation levels I may provide lunch one or both days.

Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

Well my younger daughter leaves for Germany (for 7 months) at 3pm on that Friday, so I may be able to pull this off... Count me in as 90% for camping both nights and (pretending to) work both days...

Well my younger daughter leaves for Germany (for 7 months) at 3pm on that Friday, so I may be able to pull this off... Count me in as 90% for camping both nights and (pretending to) work both days...

Is she going with Karstic? :shocked:

I'm in for Saturday and Sunday. I'll be camping Sat night for sure, Friday night if I can get my crap together.

If the camp is where I think it is its a beautiful area. I generally go in off of 38 opposite and up from Heartbar and the Santa Ana River trail. Been stuck on that trail too, and then some. :D

Last edited:
I think I can pull this off. Have to ditch the end of soccer camp BBQ and hope I am not responsible for putting on a transmitter hunt that Saturday, but if I am I can probably pawn it off on someone else.

Put me and The Varmints down for camping Friday and Saturday.

That is a tough question to ask me this early in the morning...It seems the answer changes every time I turn around...

After much contemplation and some higher mathematics: Oldest is 11, youngest is 7.

That is a tough question to ask me this early in the morning...It seems the answer changes every time I turn around...

After much contemplation and some higher mathematics: Oldest is 11, youngest is 7.

LOL. The nice thing is they get older much faster than we do; its in the math.

Seven-ish seems to be common age group around here. I have a grandson and granddaughter that are both seven. Its getting to be about time I start dragging one or both of them along on some of these adventures.

They gray hairs on my head say that I am at least keeping pace, if not outrunning them.

Had a guy guess my age a few months back and he added a decade onto my life. :wow:

That aside, bring them along. The more the merrier.

I put mine to work. They can drag brush all day long, and though they are not especially effective, they can lop too.

I will be there Saturday morning. I got a big "NO" when I asked if I could take one or more of my sons with, so it will be just me.

I'm still planning on going but this will also be a shakedown run for the new SYE, driveshaft and transfer case shifter. It seems to be working so far but I haven't put in 4x4 yet. Also my battery doesn't seem to hold a charge overnight so I might be needing a jump start.

Hitting LAX at 1:00pm Sunday. So close, yet I don't think I can quite squeeze it in, darn it.

David Bricker / SYR

I'm hoping this is a shakedown for the MJ as well.

So I need a head count (adults & kids) for lunch Saturday... probably burgers.
I'll get to the camp ground Friday eve sometime, Geoff won't get there til much later.

Peter, I carry 2 sets of jumper cables, you should be fine.

My number is (six 19) sixtyfive 4 ninety7 5eight if you have questions/etc.

There are 4 of me. One adult and 3 kids.

At least those are the ones that eat. The voices in my head would be another matter.

Note that one of those kids eats like an adult though.

Tallying along... =)

Back