• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Tank Mounting Options

clydefrog

NAXJA Forum User
I already searched, came up empty handed.

Where is everyone mounting their OBA external tank? I don't want to mount mine in the cab. I was thinking on top of my Smittybuilt rear tire carrier swing out. I know some people mount theirs underneath. I have the Viar 2.5 gallon tank.

Any pics of different mounting locations would be awesome, thanks!

I put one on the upper shock crossmember, but I'm running shock hoops. Good idea on the tire swing. I'm gonna see if my extra smittybilt one will fit on the narrow side. I have an ammo can mounted there right now.

I put one on the upper shock crossmember, but I'm running shock hoops. Good idea on the tire swing. I'm gonna see if my extra smittybilt one will fit on the narrow side. I have an ammo can mounted there right now.
Do you have the Smittybuilt rear bumper? I know the 2 gal Viar will fit in the middle slot...dont know about the Smittybuilt one, I think its too fat. The 2.5 gal tank Viar is a bit long too fit there though. I will post pics tonight after I test fit it on top of the bumper.

Back