• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Amber Fog Lights (LED vs Bulb)

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA

I need some opinions/advice for amber lighting for my XJ which sees the trail and the highway. I absolutely use the chit out of the amber lights I upgraded on stock lamps on my WJ as they help with the performance in rain/fog/snow. I am trying to decide if I should do LED or regular bulb amber lights for foul weather.

I don't like the look of round lights on an XJ so KC lights are out.

LED light bars are cool, I currently have two 6" bars that are white that I use on country back roads with no traffic ahead of me, but is LED amber too harsh for regular highway driving?

Rigid amber bars are too expensive for my budget and the only cheap chinese ones are dual color with a remote control which is too dinky for me. (I read on pirate that you can't hardwire light bars that are sold with wireless remotes.)

I see on quadratec two decent options IPF Fog Lights and Hella Lighting. Are there any other options I should be looking at? They are both reputable companies but is there anywhere else I should be browsing for amber lights?

Thanks In Advance :)

I used yellow tintiing film on my 6" led lights and it shows really well. Another option is 3k hid bulbs in a good hella housing. I'm completely happy with my led fog lights with yellow tint.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

409a8d8896433a851ff6850c6cbc1eb6.jpg

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

I used yellow tintiing film on my 6" led lights and it shows really well. Another option is 3k hid bulbs in a good hella housing. I'm completely happy with my led fog lights with yellow tint.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Would it be too much trouble if you could take a picture at night of the output with the yellow film on the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7221c347f8aacb54a881bb055d51df96.jpg

c96790172aba05b4dc55825bcc658699.jpg

63c887f5f11a303b7f0915b01a5e8247.jpg

My phones camera was doing some weird auto correction so I ended up locking the focus on before turning the fogs on. These are the flood version of these lights. They also sell spot versions. They light up everything around me theyre great for the hilly dark roads around my neighborhood.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

Are you looking for fog pattern only or spot/driving pattern?

I want a flood/fog pattern more than a spot driving pattern. The LEDs I have a are flood and the light gets thrown everywhere which is a preference of mine. I see that you have KC amber LEDs on your website. Do you think the LED cubes are too intense for highway use?

If you're worried about snow driving and visibility, just keep in mind that LED's won't generate enough heat to keep the snow and ice melted off the lenses.

I have a small LED flood heavily tinted yellow with metalcast yellow, and the color is great. But the pattern SUCKS. It is nothing compared to the amber hella 500s I used to have.

Back