• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting Drum to Disk

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
Hey everyone, I'm looking to swap my rear drums to disk brakes

I know there are kits but they seem to be $600+ I was wondering if there is a writeup anywhere on how to piecemeal it together. Or, if not, hopefully someone can write up the necessary parts.

2000 Cherokee 4.0l 4wd Auto w/Chrysler 8.25 axle

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's what I figured. I searched but I must be titling it wrong or something because I'm not finding anything for any of the axles.

EDIT: Found it! I was searching swap instead of conversion like a dummy. don't mind me.

Last edited:
Just get a 8.8.....

Thought about it. Don't want to do that much work to swap the axle plus for some reason I can't find a junkyard/pick-a-part near me. Just north of Boston if anyone knows of one...

Thought about it. Don't want to do that much work to swap the axle plus for some reason I can't find a junkyard/pick-a-part near me. Just north of Boston if anyone knows of one...

Gothca, I will admit it sucks a little doing the swap but is worth...depending on what you use your rig for.

daily driver/offroadish (not rock crawling) my perfect build is 2" all around and 31's as far as ride height and tires

Back