• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker Doner Maybe?

Infidel Edition

NAXJA Forum User
OK. So I got back from deployment and fell in love with a '93 2 door.
It runs good.... but "good" ain't good enough!

I have some performance parts on my '89 that I'm going to swap. Starting with the suspension. I have the full 5" lift, not shackle or add a leaf, but full spring and adjustable upper and lower control arms and....
As well, intake and such that I'm thinking about swapping over.

Initial upgrades I'm looking at for the '93 are cold air intake (better flow tube from the air filter vs the stock), 62 mm TB, and exhaust header all the way back (no cat or high flow cat ~ 2.5" to the tail), and Ford injectors with the Chrysler Pressure Reg.

While looking for other upgrades, I was considering a heavy cast head with LS1 valves (2.00 in / 1.578 ex) ~ $700/$800

My question is.... would it be worth it to pull the '89 block that is in good condition to make a stroker? Get it bored out .030 and get the 258 crank (or aftermarket crank), ... looking at ?? $1000 - $1500 for parts and labor (or more) = plus the head for a total of like $2500 +/-

Or sell the '89 for whatever I can get after swapping the suspension, and picking up like a Titan Long Block with the same Head I was looking at.
So the long block would effectively be $500 - $1000 more than the piecemeal version. AND it's performance matched?

Something like: http://www.titanengines.com/titan-forged-4-6-4-7-jeep-stroker-engine-265-hp/

What civic50 said. Russ sells complete engines, or also complete stroker kits you can build yourself, with quality parts and all of the engineering done.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Fax (626) 967-7836
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email [email protected]

Also, I'd steer away from Titan Strokers. They don't have a great reputation, and have several times in the past been caught making fake accounts here to give 'good reviews' of their motors.

Best to call him. He often doesn't answer, leave a message or text him to get a call back (he is the only one in the shop and won't stop certain tasks to answer the phone).

Back