• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spring retainer solutions

DaKing

NAXJA Forum User
The hole in the spring pad was ripped open. And the retainer clip is gone. The bolt hole is tore up.

What other spring retaining solutions are out there ?

The original hole doesn't look damaged to me, looks like someone already re located the hole and that one ripped out.
The hole I'm referring to as original is the one almost under the yellow strap in the second pic....
May be the picture quality not letting me see the damage there.

I see three holes in the second picture. One to hold your prothanes, one for the spring retainer, and the third where the end of the coil should sit.

I am confused on which hole(s) is/are messed up.

Maybe this will work for you:

The original hole doesn't look damaged to me, looks like someone already re located the hole and that one ripped out.
The hole I'm referring to as original is the one almost under the yellow strap in the second pic....
May be the picture quality not letting me see the damage there.

Thanks guys. I was looking at that at night. Now that the sun is out, I see the hole is in the spring pad. Turns out the factory hole is fine. Looks like the retaining bolt just came loose and fell out.

I'll order the Iron Rock HD ones.

Thanks

I added J bolts to assist in the retention of the lower part of the spring. Ill add the Iron Rock retainers too. Between the original secure point and the J hooks, this should keep the bottom part locked on the axle. My jeep can flex to the point the top of the spring is free floating.

The IRO HD retainers are,
I have 6.5 rustys coils, there was no way the factory hole would line up w/ the retainer hole.
I ended up rosette welding that hole and moving it toward the rear of the jeep, elongated the other hole on the retainer and used the factory bolt in the front and the IRO in the rear.
Big fun.

Back