• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head Count

My wife and I are going and bringing friends. We will have my 4Runner, my wife's TJ, our friend Eric in his JKU, and it's about 80% that our friend Tristan is coming as well. Will have plenty of passengers, tent trailers and our motorhome. We are all coming up Wednesday night and staying through Sunday.

My wife and I are going and bringing friends. We will have my 4Runner, my wife's TJ, our friend Eric in his JKU, and it's about 80% that our friend Tristan is coming as well. Will have plenty of passengers, tent trailers and our motorhome. We are all coming up Wednesday night and staying through Sunday.

I'm looking forward to camping, hanging out, wheeling and meeting new people.
Eric

where is this?
is there parking for 40' motorhomes with trailers?

I copied this from last year's announcement and modified the dates for this year. You should be able to get a motorhome in there.
-----------------------------------------
Northwest Fest 2016
June 17,18,19 in Naches WA

Who: NWF this year will be open to all members and guests. NWF is a way for us to give back to those who support the NWC.

When: This years event will be taking place, June 17-19th Official trail runs will happen Friday and Saturday. However, many will arrive earlier to set up camp, and get some more trail time in. The NWC BBQ and Raffle will take place Saturday evening (more details to come).

Where: Headquarters for NWF will once again be at Long Meadow Campground, located just a few miles up the Little Naches Road (1900rd).

Avanteone's Directions:

Quote:
(Starting from Little Naches Rd) go past the Kaner Flats campground about .5 mile. You'll see a left turn over a large concrete bridge going over the river. Take that left, go up approx. .25 miles, as the road turns to the left and goes from paved to gravel, there's a SHARP left turn into the camping area. Follow it in a couple hundred yards, the road will wind down a little ways and then open up into a large open field where the road splits and goes down both sides. We'll be camped in that general area, you won't be able to miss us.
GPS: N 47 00.606 W 121 07.861

Naches%20Campground%20up%20NF-70_zpslpit44do.png

Map Link: Printable maps used to be available online via the USFS, but I'm no longer seeing them. You can purchase some maps of the area at the Naches Ranger District though.

10237 Highway 12
Naches, WA 98937
(509) 653-1401

Amenities: Long Meadow is fairly primitive. There is a pit toilet, and that's about it. There's plenty of space available for trailers, campers, and tents. The nearest place for ice, water, gas, and food is Whistlin Jacks. It's approximately five miles down the highway from camp (~15 minutes). It also wouldn't hurt to bring some firewood out too.

Also, please remember to, "Pack it in, pack it out!"

Fees: As of right now Long Meadow has a $5 per vehicle / per night campground fee. This fee is used to help maintain the campground, and the surrounding trails. You can fill out the pay slip at the "Iron Ranger" near the message board just as you enter, Long Meadow. You can write , "Long Meadow" in the space asking for your site number.

Also, please be sure to pay for your stay folks! This is heavily enforced every year, and directly reflects our club.

Permits/Passes: No special passes are required for camping or trail use. Just be sure you have the proper registration, and insurance for your vehicle. There are some local hiking trailheads that require a NW Forest Pass though. A day pass can be purchased from Whistlin' Jacks.

Vehicle Requirements: NWF is open to all vehicles. Naches offers a wide range of trail difficulties. Here's a list of items that all vehicles need to have with them on the trails, per By-laws. We will be checking for these items upon check-in.
visibly charged fire extinguisher
first aid kit
adequate spare tire (or plug kit), jack, and lug wrench
safety belts for both the driver and passenger(s)
adequate tow points front and rear (tow hooks, d-rings, shackle/clevis)
20ft 10,000lb tow strap without any attached metal hooks
secured battery (no bungee cords)
CB Radio: Optional, but recommended
Legalities: It's highly recommended your vehicle be street legal as possible (doors, flaps, flares) when commuting to and from the trails. A few miles of Forest Service roads or highway will need to be traveled on to reach many of the trails. If your vehicle is not street legal, plan to trailer to the trail head. Please obey all local speed limits, and traffic laws. Again, your actions reflect on the club.

Expectations: As this is an official NWC event and event, please review our equipment and participation standards. We strive to create a positive image for our sport.

NWC Equipment and Participation Standards

Hope to see another great turnout this year!

Last edited:
I guess I don't really remember the "tight turn" described in the text above to get in to the camping spot from last year. This year we're taking our ~33 foot Class A w/ a 16' flatbed trailer with my yota on it. Hopefully I can make that turn? Otherwise I guess I'll have to ditch the flatbed somewhere ... hmmm.

There is a chance I'll be there, I'll be visiting grandparents that week in Oman so distance wouldn't be an issue, just need to get my stuff done for it.

So I'm out, really no time getting gears done and such. Just gonna take the time to get the burple jeep running and go up to omak to my gparents

I should be there with my wife and kiddos, my father and his old landcruiser will be there too, hopefully my dually won't leave me on the side of chinook pass like it did on Memorial Day on snoqualmie

Anyone going to be around Thursday for a run? Sounds like quite a few are coming on Friday. We don't know the trails so we don't want to get lost =)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back