• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory looking front bumper

I don't think one exists. Unless you make it.
If you want a stock look and want a winch I would suggest you look at detoursusa. They have a product called the backbone. You notch your front bumper and slide the backbone in. Bolts to the frame with all the steering box bolts on both sides. Really nice setup. Also provides a spot for the roller faring and two shackle points.

This uses your bumper skin and just add to it to support the whinch. Fits both era xj's.

I also run their tailbone setup for the rear.

I had a backbone when they first came out on both era xj's... Great product, but my bumper is smashed and i dont run a winch. I guess ill have to make my own, anyone interested in the same thing?

I plan on making a new skin for mine out of 3/16 eventually.

I remember reading a write up somewhere of somebody you built a rear bumper to match the original but had provisions for a tire carrier. Can't find it for the life of me.

The hard part about that would be the smooth radius of the whole thing. It would either be straight across or cut and angled towards the ends

I got sick of having a hitch hanging under my rear bumper and I dislike using the factory tow hooks. I've seen the front hooks poke holes in a brand new strap, plus its a pain in the ass getting a strap on/off with those stupid retaining tabs. I decided to cut up some 3/4" plate and weld it to the bumper. For extra holding strength, the tabs go thru the bumper skin and are welded on the backside too ;) I'm on the lookout for a stock tire carrier for the rear, it would be nice to get my cargo area back and would look nice with the other mods I think. Up front, I'd like to add a simple hoop like the JCR bumpers, maybe a pair of aux lights.

30j1kdz.jpg

35n63aq.jpg

2n1fbig.jpg

2a9ti7k.jpg

I guess ill have to make my own, anyone interested in the same thing?

I am looking at doing something similar. I am waiting for Boostwerks to get the CompMount designed. Plan is to run a reinforced stock bumper with the winch tucked in behind it.

I plan on modifying the back bumper also. I want to keep the stock look but add a couple of pivots at the ends so I can carry extra fuel on each side in the back.

These are a way down on the project list though. Frame plating and axles are getting done before bumpers get done.

Back