• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are these rims called and how to restore?

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
00D0D_iE749an7D17_600x450.jpg

When i first got into jeeps about 10 years ago people were giving these away, recently i decided to get a set and my goodness have times changed, it could just be my area, but it took me a few months to find a decent set at a decent price. Anyway im wondering what they are called and how do i restore them... Minor scuffs and rash stuff. Mods please move if this is in wong area!

You could always just clean them and give them a nice coat of Plasti-Dip. Would be a decent durable and affordable way to go. Having them professionally refinished would be pretty costly for an old Jeep Rim.

If they're clear coated, paint stripper. And then sand them up to 2k and then clearcoat them again. If there's dents and missing material then fill it and sand it and paint them silver or something.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

Not sure they have a name. That is the only rim that Collins Brothers Jeep has for sale that isn't named.

A lot of people refer to them as "Classic" or "Jurrasic Parks" since the YJs in the movie used them.

One question are they coated in anyway if not a good buffing would take most of the little stuff out. Need closer pics of the bad spots to really give a good answer.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back