• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pan removal

Grommit

NAXJA Forum User
I am having real trouble getting a socket on the two rear bolts on the oil sump pan. Please tell me I don't have to move the tranny back

Year will help. Just did a rear main seal on my 94 and had no trouble. It will fit. Try a 1/4 inch drive socket as they are smaller in diameter at the drive end.

Be prepared to cuss trying to get the hole pan out. I'm sitting at three inches and had to Jack the body up and disconnect my track bar to get enough room to drop the pan. But I don't leak anymore

I remember there be at least two different size pan bolts when I pulled the timing cover. I'd check the socket size, I think you should be able to get to the rest of it without touching the transmission or a lot of other things according to some write ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a 2000 Cherokee. The bolts are I believe 1\2" hex .the issue is the rubber seal on back of pan restricts getting socket on head of bolt. I read somewhere that you man have to cut some of the seal away to get at it :read:

Back