• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4' lift to a 5-6" lift?

h.curtis

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of going a bit higher. I like my 4" lift, but rear springs, all shocks and trackbar need to be repaced. I am kicking around the idea of a 5 or 6" lift. My 4" drove great on and off road and there is not real problems after driving it for over 100K miles. Are there some negatives to going with a 6" lift? Am I giving up some ride quality? What brands are people raving about? What should I avoid?

Thanks for any help.
Curt

Well, I thought I might get a couple of replies on this. I guess, I wanted to know if I will just be getting into trouble going higher than my 4" I have now. The place that put it on in '96 told me I shouldn't go higher if I am using it as a daily. He stated 4" was the limit for my '96. I was just looking for another opinion. Part of me wants a little higher.

Curt

What else do you currently have? SYE kit and new driveshaft? If not, you'll want them with more lift. You should expect to give up a little road manners but it's not drastic. A little more body lean, kinda bouncy....vibes and steering issues can all be corrected. But then you'll probably want 33's and new gears so it's between you and your wallet. I have a 5.5" RE kit and already want to go higher to fit 35's, but that's me. :)

Yeah, that is what I am looking for. I have all stock driveshaft and no SYE kit. I lowered my transfer case because of all the noise and vibration when I installed it at first. I would like to go higher, but at what cost? I guess the lift is only part of the expense. Then you need to buy new driveshafts and SYE kit. It isn't like I can go out and just buy a lift like I originally thought.

I hate repacing my shocks, shackles and leafs and not go higher, but it sounds like that is what I will have to do. I don't have the money beyond the lift expense.

Thanks,
Curt

Back