• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.7 magnum stroker in XJ dana 60 pair

ADK Juggalo

NAXJA Forum User
hi Im new here Im looking for a XJ cherokee I want to put a set of one ton d60s with dodge magnum 6.7l engine 5.9 with 0.030 overbore and 4 inch crank I was wondering if anyone could give me some tech advice this jeep will run a rustys offroad lift 6.5-8 inchs with 35 inch tires the engine will be mounted with advance adapters weld in mounts I will also be taking the transmission and computer and harness from the dodge ram giving up its powertrain thanks for any help given

A post requesting non-specific advice about an extremely complex topic? How 'bout you do some searching and come back with some specific questions. Or maybe get your XJ first, before you ask us to help you with super-involved modifications.

two things

if you have to ask such a general question as to how to make all that work, you may not be ready/able to do the job.

second, maybe wait more than an hour for a reply?

A post requesting non-specific advice about an extremely complex topic? How 'bout you do some searching and come back with some specific questions. Or maybe get your XJ first, before you ask us to help you with super-involved modifications.

advice on which radiator to use what zize injectors to run what fuel pressure
how to make the jeep gauges work with dodge computer and not by reusing jeep computer to run them
can i get away with a 6.5 in lift and setting the bumpstops and trimming fenders ive seen xjs running 33s on same size lift these are my main questions

advice on which radiator to use what zize injectors to run what fuel pressure
how to make the jeep gauges work with dodge computer and not by reusing jeep computer to run them
can i get away with a 6.5 in lift and setting the bumpstops and trimming fenders ive seen xjs running 33s on same size lift these are my main questions

Your questions are still too vague. No one is going to know the size of radiator you need, you'll have to mount everything in there and work with the room you've got. You're better off using the cluster from the ram and finding a way to mount it in the factory location since you're using almost everything from it. You can do anything with enough trimming.

I'd just run a carbed 318 for simplicity and reliability

Your questions are still too vague. No one is going to know the size of radiator you need, you'll have to mount everything in there and work with the room you've got. You're better off using the cluster from the ram and finding a way to mount it in the factory location since you're using almost everything from it. You can do anything with enough trimming.
I meant should I run 24lb/hr or 36lb/hr injectors will the 45 psi fuel pressure be enough or should I bump that up to 65+ psi I know its a tight fit csf makes a direct fit radiator for the 4.0

That's way to much axle and lift for 35's drop it to 4.5" and run d30 8.25 with alloys

That's way to much axle and lift for 35's drop it to 4.5" and run d30 8.25 with alloys
well I wanted to go bigger on the tires but couldn't find anything for the 16 inch wheels I wanted to run plus I want this jeep to have a lot of lift and why the 8.25 Why not grab the 9.25 from the ram and run a coil spung High pinion d44

Last edited:
There isn't much information on running a Dodge 360 in an XJ because most people find it easier to swap in a GM 5.3. Way more options and information on that swap. And I agree that to run 35's you can just build some stock axles up and run chromoly shafts for much less work/time/money.

Maybe what you need is more advice on what type of set-up you need for your particular wheeling style and terrain.

well I wanted to go bigger on the tires but couldn't find anything for the 16 inch wheels I wanted to run plus I want this jeep to have a lot of lift and why the 8.25 Why not grab the 9.25 from the ram and run a coil spung High pinion d44

Ram axles suck, simple as that

I'm pretty sure this guy is trolling , hard. these topics all require serious dedication and research and he is just willy nilly posting. Here I am wasting my time.

Back