• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Security Alarm Modual removal

xjforpj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone removed their SAM unit? I'm modding a 91 XJ and I think that is the root of my problem. I removed all of the OEM dash and components to install a cage and custom dash, gauges and toggles but now when I crank it over, it wont stay running. I got a think it has something to do with the removal of the SAM. The motor cranks then ignites but immediately dies. I have fuel to the rail, power to the injectors. I'm at a loss and need HELP! :banghead:

The later skim module is not the same as the early security system. Tho I'm not real familiar with those, I thought they only kept it from starting, it would just crank. Have you tried locking and unlocking the doors?

Interesting you are calling it the SKIM module. My jeep literally has had most of the harness removed. The original key, lock cylinder, door electronics, ABS, speed control, ect. are all a thing of the past.

Back