• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superlift 550 4" Lift Coil Spring specificatons

91Heep

NAXJA Forum User
Upon searching for information about the Superlift 550 coil spring, all I found were unanswered questions from other folks wanting to know the same stuff I was wanting to know.
Being that I actually live somewhat close to a Superlift warehouse I decided to go check them out.
After seeing the wire size, I decided to try a set.

Specs of the spring are 20 & 15/16" in length.
9/16th of an inch wire size diameter.
Has lifetime warranty, may be limited I don't recall full details of it.
Made in North America with North American spring steel as well.

The picture is for comparison, the other two springs are used but something to work with.
They weren't sagging so free length should be somewhat close.
Left to right: stock, superlift 4" & RCX 6.5".

Stock: 18&1/8" height, .5" wire size
Super: 20&15/16" height, .57 wire size
RCX: 22" height, .63 wire size.

Wire size was measured with a caliper.
Still don't know the spring rate.

Although, wire size and length established, I feel like they will be par to a set of Moog CC782 coils which had the same wire size and is a little over 2.5" shorter, variable rate too.

And will help me set up my rig until I'm ready for more suspension upgrades and a set of metalcloak 3.5's w/ 1" spacer.

Hope this helps someone out there, will update with ride quality once installed and have shock length determined for my setup.

Those look like a linear rate spring to me. Maybe its the camera angle. Check out the PAC 4" progressive springs.

Those look like a linear rate spring to me. Maybe its the camera angle. Check out the PAC 4" progressive springs.
No I just goofed up trying to compare the 550's to the CC782's.
The super lift, I'm sure is single rate.
I can't edit the post to fix that.

Those PAC 4" springs look like a good choice as well.
I chose the 550's because they were less than $70.
I am having to put alot of TLC/$$$ into my rig to get it up to speed maintenance wise.
I will consider those and have an ADD melt down trying to compare them to the metal cloak 3.5 springs when I get ready to optimize my suspension setup.
Thanks for the correction and input.

Back