• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here's What A $600 Jeep Cherokee Can Do Off-Road

cavalier

NAXJA Forum User
First off, I wanted to thank NAXJA for helping me with my $600 Moab XJ build. I honestly could not have built it on such a budget and in so little time, were it not for the resources here.

That said, I thought y'all might like to see how how my $600 Jeep (I put in an additional five or six hundred bucks plus tires that I had sitting around) did in its journey from Michigan to Moab and back.

In short, it rocked! After putting dozens of hours of wrenching-time into the rust-bucket, the XJ went 2000 miles to Moab, kicked butt on the trails, and made it the 2000 miles back with hardly an issue.

Here's the link to the latest story, but at the bottom, you'll find the rest in the series. I figured y'all would like to read these. I hope it's okay to post this here:

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/my-600-craigslist-jeep-made-it-home-after-a-scary-jour-1769114580

Thanks again,

-DT

Let the slow clap begin.......

Awesome write up, good little chuckle this Friday afternoon. Long hail the XJ!

:cheers:

Been following along on jalop. Congrats David!

A co-worker of mine, who is obsessed with that site, showed me that recently. I will have to tell him that it is someone from this site.

Back